We know healthcare.
Our healthcare-focused angel investor group is comprised of accredited investors who are physicians, scientists, successful med-tech entrepreneurs, former industry execs and others with relevant backgrounds: regulatory, reimbursement, legal, finance, marketing, and more.
We invest liberally across sectors addressing both management/curative and prevention/wellness sides of health.
For therapeutics, we limit investments to repurposed drugs. No first-in-humans.
With many of our members active in the healthcare sector, MEDA Angels’ investments in technologies reflect strong market fit & technical validation. Moreover, our members are often called on to serve as advisors to healthcare companies. We leverage our extensive networks and deep expertise to support companies in which we invest.
We are, thus, strategic investors.
MEDA Angels provides Investor Members with several programs:
(1) Investment opportunities: this is our core program. We identify and screen promising deal flow sourced from throughout the US and on occasion, internationally. We present Mid-Seed and Series A investment opportunities across a broad range of healthcare sectors, including medical devices, digital health, SaaS, AR/VR, robotics, therapeutics and more, addressing both disease management & prevention/wellness, workflow improvements and more.
With strive to provide our members with the highest quality deal flow. How do we do this?
- As actual potential end-users of novel healthcare technologies, we can expertly & swiftly assess the product market fit of technologies: a critical screening step.
- We leverage our extensive networks built over years with top medical schools, healthcare systems, industry, research Centers of Excellence, incubators, accelerators and innovation hubs where many startups are spawn or affiliated with.
- We exchange deal flow with trusted and well-respected syndicate partners who share the same vision & investment thesis.
(2) NEW! MEDA Angels Fund 1. All members have the opportunity to become investors (Limited Partners) in our inaugural Fund. Closes Jan 31, 2023.
(3) Advisory opportunities: we recognize that some startups require a guiding hand, and with the right Advisory, can turn into rising stars. With a membership steeped in healthcare, startups have come to know our group as a rich resource that can provide relevant and needed support. More details are provided here.
(4) Education: our sessions are often a unique blend of Investor Roundtables meet Medical Grand Rounds, bringing both sides of the table together on:
We invite accredited investors to join as members! To check whether you qualify for accredited investor status per the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission regulations, CLICK HERE .
Click here to learn more about our memberships.
Welcome entrepreneurs! We’d love to learn more about your technology or product. Please review our investment thesis below and if you are aligned, please apply. We will get back within 2-3 weeks.
- We have a liberal interest in healthcare opportunities and will consider nearly all that touch on healthcare: digital health, SaaS, med devices, AR/VR, robotics. For therapeutics, we invest only in repurposed drugs. We are interested in both disease management and prevention/wellness.
- Non-US-based companies: should have some type of US presence, whether a subsidiary, key staff or Board members in the US. Please inquire first at email@example.com
- Stages: Mid Seed & Series A.
- Mid Seed for digital health & SaaS: approx $300K in ARR, several customers.
- Mid Seed for devices & repurposed drugs: approx 6-8 months from FDA clearance or just after.
- Series A criteria: more advanced than mid-seed. Flexible on how advanced. Please inquire: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Apply Now link will take you to sparkxyz.io, our application platform.