We know healthcare.
Our healthcare-focused angel investor group is comprised of accredited investors who are physicians, scientists, successful med-tech entrepreneurs, and experts with relevant backgrounds: regulatory, reimbursement, intellectual property & finance (private equity, venture capital, sovereign wealth funds).
Our notion of healthcare is quite liberal, so we will invest across sectors including: digital health, SaaS, medical devices, robotics, diagnostics, imaging, AI-driven technologies, and wellness (e.g. food/tech, sports/tech, media-promoting health).
For therapeutics, we limit investments to biosimilars and repurposed drugs. No first-in-humans.
We invest in Mid-Seed & Series A stage companies.
For those at the earlier Pre-Seed/Seed stages, we are also available to support your ventures in other ways: please check out our Advisory Program.
With many of our members active in the healthcare sector, MEDA Angels’ investments in technologies reflect not only strong market & technical validation of the products invested in, but members can often represent natural, prospective customers and impactful advisors to portfolio companies. We leverage our extensive networks to support companies in which we invest.
We are, thus, strategic investors.
MEDA Angels provides Investor Members with several programs:
(1) Investment opportunities: this is our core program. We identify and screen promising deal flow sourced from throughout the US and on occasion, internationally. We present Mid-Seed and Series A investment opportunities, and where compelling, pre/Series B, in companies meeting our investment thesis (below, under “For Startups” section).
We strive to provide our members with the highest quality deal flow. How do we do this?
- As actual potential end-users of novel healthcare technologies, we can expertly & swiftly assess the product market fit of technologies: a critical screening step.
- We leverage our roots in and extensive networks built over years with top medical schools, healthcare systems, industry, research Centers of Excellence, incubators, accelerators and innovation hubs where many startups are spawn or affiliated with.
- We exchange deal flow with trusted, syndicate partners who share the same vision & investment thesis.
- Every 2 months: alternating virtual & on-site pitch meetings (DC & Philadelphia)
- Ad hoc: virtual pitch meetings when a highly promising investment opportunity arises (approximately 3-4x a year)
(2) NEW! Advisory opportunities: we recognize that some startups require a guiding hand, and with the right Advisory, can turn into rising stars. As senior-level experts, our Members are positioned to be such Advisors. Our twice-a-year Startup Showcases are intended to introduce startups to Advisors/Investors. Program details are provided here.
(3) Education: our sessions are often a unique blend of Investor Roundtables meet Medical Grand Rounds, bringing both sides of the table together on:
- Macro investment topics.
- Healthcare-specific investment topics.
- Due diligence, basic & advanced.
- Current topics, such as COVID-19 & its impact on macro & healthcare-specific investing.
- Schedule: ad hoc.
We invite accredited investors to join as members! To check whether you qualify for accredited investor status per the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission regulations, CLICK HERE .
Click here to learn more about our memberships.
Welcome entrepreneurs! We’d love to learn more about your technology or product. We invest in Mid-Seed and Series A-ready companies, with a preference for equity investment opportunities. If yours meets these criteria and those described below, please apply by submitting a pitch deck and executive summary. We will conduct an initial screening and reach out with a decision. If selected, we will be pleased to extend an invitation to present to our members! Thank you for your interest in MEDA Angels.
- Digital health/SaaS: $400K+ in annual recurring revenue
- Non-invasive medical devices/techs: proof of concept/ pilot human studies completed
- Invasive medical devices/techs: FDA 510K or de novo approved and/or CE mark.
- Therapeutics: limited to biosimilars & repurposed drugs – pre-IND completed or IND-approved or comparable regulatory status if non-US.